Fred Loya Insurance

May 11, 2008
review #120566

Fred Loya Insurance is a rip off artist.Even to their own employees and own insured.

Do not use them - cheap is cheap - you get what you pay for and with Fred Loya that is nothing but trouble. They do not pay claims, the have "creative" claim practices which are unethical. My son was hit by someone carrying their insurance. They are only paying 80% of the claim, from rental insurance to the repairs because they assessed that he is 20% at fault, although he did not receive a ticket or was in no way found at fault by the law.

We we are out thousands of dollars because of their creative practices. Their response - - Sue us, here's our address to the legal department. Don't know about you, but I usually don't have extra thousands to pay an attorney up front to file a law suit to get a company to do what is right. I may have to come up with it now, though.

I researched and found out their practices through and through are alarming. Do not work for them, do not gain insurance through them and hope no one hits you that is covered by them!

I am writing the State Board of Insurances now to file a complaint.

bf24fa9
Had an experience with Fred Loya Insurance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Ex  Employee

Oct 06, 2012

Lucy Salinas the regional manager is married to the manager Ervey Alaniz and they are both super unprofessional and unethical! LAREDO AREA He harrasses employees and SHE ALLOWS IT! Employees have complained but she will come up with something to make the employee look bad instead of her perverted husband.Eeeww!!! :upset

Ex employee

Oct 06, 2012

Fred Loya Insurance is CHEAP and have very POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE beginning from supervisors, management, and very unprofessional employees! All Laredo TX area is a mess! Supervisors, managers, and employees, stealing from the company,other employess, customers....etc! If they have unethical people working for them what do you expect from the company itself.They are big time thieves! PEOPLE ASK FOR YOUR RECEIPTS AND MAKE SURE IT LOOKS LEGITIMATE! They may be the agent and the company but none of that matters if they dont cover your claims! Excluding everyone from your policy is how they protect themselves and if your covered they take up to 2 years to pay out on a claim! Super ridiculous! I used to work there and i hated to see people's claims denied, it was embarrassing!Not only that but people that work there are so rude and uneducated! I didnt belong there So I quit!!:grin, but my advise to customer's is to stay away from them!

Previous Employee

Oct 06, 2012

They literally suck,its true about the 5 year bonus...they try to fire you so you won't get it! They never pay claims out and want to EXCLUDE THE ENTIRE WORLD FROM YOUR POLICY! BE AWARE!!!

Loya is a legal mafia

Sep 07, 2012

Fu@$ Fred loya

ME

Jul 26, 2012

Well I worked for Fred Loya for almost two years and I am a MEXICAN (HISPANIC) and I am not ILLEGAL I can LEGALLY obtain a job in the US... Some people just want cheap insurance and they dont read what they sign... I advised all my clients to read everything before they signed it and if they had any questions we would go over them together.... and some people are very hard headed they thing they know everything!!! And that is not the case but in point READ EVERYTHING you sign for all the people that think they got screwed over it is in WRITING

rosely cobas

Apr 30, 2012

i do not recommend this insurance for anyone. if someone put the insurance and a FULL COVER its not only to have it.. its because if anything happen they will respond fo you.. i got in a car accident the ADJUSTER havent call me for anything and the one that its calling her .. they declare my car total loss and i know that not because the insurance call me, i know that because the shop where is my car told me that. and so mad because if they declare total loss to my car i do not understand whyyyy they took out money from my atm card for next month cover... mad mad mad.. I WONT RECOMMEND THIS INSURANCE TO ANY ONE.. REALLY REALLY BAD SERV....

YASMIN

Apr 19, 2012

WOW REALLY SHOCK I WISH I WOULD OF READ ALL THIS NOTICES BEFORE I MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER
I CALL AND GIT A CHEAP AUOTE OVER TH PHONE SO THERE I WENT TO SIGN UP BUT WHEN I WAS GOING OVER THEPOLICY I NOTICE THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO GET THE SAME AS I HAVE WITH CURRENT INS SO AT THAT TIME I CANCEL EVERYTHING BUT THEY HAD ALREDY PORCESS THE PAYMENT AND UP TOP THIS DAY THEY HAVE NOT REFUND MY MONEY

Ex worker

Apr 18, 2012

Im a hispanic and I sure dont get discounted prices your a racist, who cares!! And also I used to work for them!!

CUST.

Mar 23, 2012

FRED LOYA INSURANCE IS ONE OF THE BEST INSURANCE EVER I HAVE BEEN WITH THE COMPANY FOR OVER 1 YEAR AND A 1/2 AND NEVER HAVE HAD A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE COMPANY..PEOPLE ARE MAD DUE TO THEY PROBABLY HAVE THINGS TO HIDE AND DONT WANT THE COMPANY TO KNOW ABOUT.. AND THINK THEY CAN GET AROUND IT BY INSURING A VEH...NT SEEN IN THE OFFICE.. PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND THAT EVERY INSURANCE COMPANY HAS THEIR OWN RULES.. AND IN MY EXPERIECE..I HAVE BEEN TO SATISFIED W. THEIR CLAIMS/ CUSTOMERS SERV. AND OVER ALL COMAPNY SO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE MAD AND PISSED ARE B.C THEY WANT EVERYTHING FREE!!! AND DONT WANT HESITATION OF ANYTHING.. PEOPLE!!!!!!! GET A LIFE AND STOP MAKING JUGMENTS ABOUT AN INSURANCE COMAPANY THAT ALL FRED LOYA IS TRYING TO DO IS INSURE URE VEH. SO YOU DONT GET A TICKET AND GO TO JAIL..

iv

Sep 15, 2011

Beware DO NOT BUY FRED LOYA POLICIES!!!! Seek Allstate or State Farm they stand with you not against you!!!!!

ex-worker

Sep 08, 2011

They suck!! They give these bonuses to employees that hit 5 years there with a big check but intend to fire them one month before they even get there! ha motivating us to get us to do alot of illegal things like give little bonuses to those who dont pay claims out! They screw everyone over. even mexicans so its not a race thing.

Racist POS

Aug 13, 2011

Just look at their commercials! I guess they only offer illegals good insurance rates and I bet only illegals work for this company. This makes me sick!

Upset third party

May 11, 2011

We were involved in an accident with a customer from Fred Loya. We have had a nightmare with their claims office. First, we drive an SUV and they tried to put us in a sub-compact car. Then they tried to underpay our claim (their offer was $500 short of amount needed to fix correctly). Finally they tried to make us pay for some of the days we had the rental car because the estimated fix date was a couple of days off from the actual vehicle fix date. We probably will be filing a complaint with the Texas Dept of Insurance for unethical claims practices. Hope your experience with them was better than ours.

who cares

Mar 29, 2011

maybe if we were mexican they pay

Evergreen Insurance

Feb 25, 2011

The best quality insurance company/coverage is Chubb. This is for the rich folks. The next is Auto Owners or Travelers. State Farm and Allstate are sub-standard. I've been an insurance agent for over 30-years & I know what I'm talking about.

NOVA.SIX

Feb 24, 2011

I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW, AND IVE HAD NOTHING BUT POSITIVE EXPERIENCES.THIS IS ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING HISPANIC COMPANIES IN THE NATION AND HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 30YRS; WE ARE OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.NOW I DO UNDERSTAND THERE IS UPSET CUSTOMERS FOR ISOLATED INCIDENTS, AND OTHERS NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR CLAIMS DEPMNT,BUT YOU DO HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THERE IS A LOT OF INSURANCE FRAUD GOING ON, AND A BUNCH OF UNDISCLOSED DRIVERS WHO ARE DRIVING THESE VEHICLES. I CAME ACROSS UPSET CUSTOMER BEFORE AT MY OFFICE, UNTIL THEY REALIZE THEY DID SIGN A 515A FORM STATING THAT THEYRE SON/DAUGHTER WAS EXCLUDED AND WERE AWARE THAT THE POLICY DOES NOT COVER INCASE THEY ARE INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT WHILE OPERATING THE VEHICLE. ITS SO SURPRISING HOW PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE AMNESIA. BUT ONE THING I REALLY DO NOT APPRECIATE IS PEOPLE HAVING TO GET ON HERE (A COMPANY COMPLAINT WEBSITE) TO ACTUALLY SHOP AND SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE COMPANY TO DECIDE WHETHER TO GET INSURANCE OR NOT. AND IT IS VERY IGNORANT FOR PEOPLE TO COME UP WITH THEORIES ABOUT OUR CSR'S BEING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. I WORK FOR THE DALLAS REGION AND HAVE TRAINED OVER 80 DIFFERENT CSR'S AND TRUST ME PEOPLE, THESE PEOPLE ARE AMERICAN CITIZENS, AND YES WE DO GET LICENSED UNDER THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE. AND FOR THESE OTHER PEOPLE COMMENTING THAT OUR PAY RATE SUCKS, IM GUESSINGYOUR OFFICE IS NOT MEETING THEIR GOALS LOL.BECAUSE I DRIVE A BETTER CAR THAN MOST OF... Show more

Mary Escobedo

Feb 16, 2011

I have been trying to get someone from Fred Loya Insurance to return my call regarding the rental I was given through Enterprise. I was given a Maxima from Enterprise to be covered through Fred Loya. The person who hit my car was covered through Fred Loya. I was under the impression that the car would be fully covered. Apparently not the case. Enterprise charged me $7.99 plus tax per day for 10 a total of 10 days. I was informed by Enterprise that the amount was due to the fact that Fred Loya did not approve the total amount. I was told to contact Fred Loya Insurance to get this resolved. I have left several messages for a call back from Fred Loya, with no results.

EDDIE LOPEZ

Feb 05, 2011

The best insurance company is Liberty Mutual Insurance Company there telephone is (800)-908-0930. They are trusted insurance and they are +A Company. They offer High Coverages and they do take care of you. I been insured by them more then 7 years. Call them don't go to these cheap car insurance like Fred Loya, Freeway Insurance and those cheap places thta offer cheap car insurance.

Current FL customer

Feb 04, 2011

My policy is cheap with Fred Loya. And with my husband's driving record most preferred companies won't even offer me insurance. I have full coverage. Last Christmas a drunken *** with no insurance hit my parked car. I had to pay the $500 deductable and some car rental fees, but they fixed my car so I was glad I didn't have to pay the $3000+ it cost to fix my car.

fck off peeps

Jan 02, 2011

i get paid gud well really good by loya and dats only cuz i rip people off nd kno it. since i was hired they knew i was a excon nd i guess dat help me 8)

1-20 of 88 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Fred Loya Insurance.
Filing a new complaint about
×